Tracy Stainton – Chair of Local Advisory Board
Trained and Qualified as a solicitor in 2005 with Burnetts. Tracy is employed by Burnetts Solicitors as Head of West Cumbria Office.
She has worked as a commercial solicitor with her main interest, Employment Law. She has worked across the commercial sector but with a particular focus on owner managed businesses.
More recently, Tracy has begun to work in the area of Trust Law (including wills and probate).
Prior to this she has worked:
- As a Partner in Milburns Solicitors
- For the National Union of Teachers as a regional official in the North East;
- For the Civil Service (Department of Employment) as an Executive officer in Cumbria, Liverpool and Manchester;
- For Cumbria County Council as a neighbourhood development officer;
- For Tony Cunningham MEP as his Communications/Trade Union Director.She has also undertaken spells as Regional Chair of the Labour Party Northern Region and Chair of MSF’s Northern Region.
- Education – BA (Hons) Degree in Politics – University of Durham
- Tracy served on Cumbria County Council from 1997 – 2003 as the councillor for St Michael’s Ward in Workington and served on the Council’s Cabinet.
Born in Workington and returned to live in Workington after 10 years of living across the North of England.