Dear Parents and Carers
Outcome of consultation on the school day
I wrote to you recently to seek your views on our proposal to make changes to the school day from September 2017. The original proposal was to keep the start time at 8.40am, continue with one hour lessons and five lessons per day, remove all moving time between lessons and to add time to break and lunch, resulting in a 3.00pm finish time.
Thank you for your considered and thoughtful feedback. I have made adjustments to the original proposals as a result of feedback received and the final structure of the school day from September 2017 is attached. The main points are:
- 2 minutes of moving time is now included between lessons
- Lunch and break times have been slightly adjusted as a result
- Start time remains at 8.40am
- Finish time will be 3.00pm
- There will continue to be five lessons per day
- Lessons will continue to be one hour long
Thank you again for your thoughtful and helpful contributions to the consultation.
New Academy Day from September 2017