Dear Parents and Carers,
The return to school has gone very well and I am impressed with the way students have adapted to the new routines. They have shown maturity and understanding of the situation we all find ourselves in. Having seen how the school has operated with all students back I have made the decision that it will be compulsory for students and staff to wear a face covering when they are on the corridors from Thursday, 17 September. This includes when they are entering and leaving the building, when moving between lessons and when moving to breaks and lunchtimes. The reason for this is that we want to minimise the risk of transmitting Coronavirus in school, ensuring staff and students are safe at all times. Parent/Carers are required to ensure their child has an appropriate face covering for use in school.
We will obviously make exceptions for those students who cannot wear them for medical reasons. If this is the case please contact your child’s Director of Learning.
Please remind your child about how to wear face coverings safely:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
- avoid wearing it on your neck or forehead
- avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- change the face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- avoid taking it off and putting it back on a lot in quick succession
When removing a face covering:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
- only handle the straps, ties or clips
- do not give it to someone else to use
- if single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
- if reusable, store the face covering ideally in a paper bag or envelope (does not contain moisture) or in a plastic bag.
- do not place face covering down on any surfaces for example school desks unless in a bag.
- do not handle a non-medical mask or face covering belonging to someone else
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed
Thank you for your continued support.