Dear Parent / Carer
Re: Information for 2023 Year 7 Admissions
In September 2022, Workington Academy was again oversubscribed and welcomed a record number of students into Year 7.
Here, at Workington Academy, we understand that choosing a secondary school is a very important and individual decision for each and every family. Following the incredibly positive feedback received from parents, carers and students in relation to our personalised approach taken to supporting their secondary school decision-making last year – we are delighted to offer you the opportunity to attend a Personalised Tour of our academy. Tours will be available from Monday 26 September, following our Virtual Open Evening taking place on Wednesday 21 September at 6.30pm.
In March 2022, Workington Academy was graded as ‘Good’ in all areas, by Ofsted, under their new and rigorous inspection framework.
Ofsted’s report of Workington Academy was overwhelmingly positive and included the following comments;
- “Leaders’ improvements to the curriculum over the past two years have been tangible. Ambitious for all pupils, irrespective of ability or background, leaders have ensured that pupils study a broad range of subjects. Pupils achieve well.”
- “Leaders and teachers have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour.”
- “In lessons, relationships between pupils and their teachers are strong. Pupils and students learn without disruption.”
- “Pupils and students spoke passionately about the support they receive from staff in relation to their mental health and well-being. Pupils said that if they have any concerns, staff tackle these worries quickly.”
- “Without exception, pupils, and students in the sixth form, are immensely proud of their school. They are eager to share with visitors all that the school has to offer. “
- “The extensive personal development curriculum provides pupils with a plethora of opportunities that enable them to flourish.”
Virtual Open Evening – 6.30pm, Wednesday 21 September 2022
Our 30-minute Virtual Open Evening is designed to give you a detailed insight into our academy, giving you the opportunity to hear from a range of our current students and staff members and to find out more about our educational philosophy, comprehensive learning experience and exciting wider curricular and enriching opportunities.
Our Virtual Open Evening can be accessed via our website from 6.30pm on Wednesday 21 September 2022;
Following our Virtual Open Evening, we are inviting parents and carers to book personalised tours of our academy – for your opportunity to visit our state-of-the-art learning environment, to meet members of our dedicated staff team and student body and to ask any questions about our Academy that you may have.
Further information will also be provided on your visit to Workington Academy regarding our very well received comprehensive and supportive primary – secondary school transition process.
Personalised tours can be booked via the link on our website; https://www.workingtonacademy.org/primary-zone/personalised-tours-for-2023-admissions/
This is a very exciting time to be joining Workington Academy and to become part of our inclusive, student focused and high aspirant academy community.
If you have any further questions about joining Team Year 7 at Workington Academy or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Miss N Tweddle – Assistant Headteacher & Primary – Secondary Transition Lead – email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Mr D Bird
Mr M Bedford
Head of School
Miss N Tweddle